The remote location of the villages around the AISCO plants makes access to livelihood and sustenance for the population challenging. There is a critical need to develop the peripheral areas of AISCO and increase the annual per capita income in these regions to the minimum national average level. At the Arya Group Foundation (AGF), we strongly believe that the development of not only these regions, but also communities, and eventually the nation, begins with one single step - empowering women.
In keeping with this philosophy, the AGF has planned and spearheaded the following programs and projects:
- Encouraging economic empowerment through Women Self Help Groups
- Encouraging skill building in vocational training & employment
- Promoting traditional farming technology
- Distributing food to the socially underprivileged people
- Distributing essentials like blankets, mosquito nets etc. to the socially underprivileged people